RE: Parts Country of Origin

To: "'Sally or Dick Taylor'" <tr6taylor@webtv.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Parts Country of Origin
From: "Gene Hart" <genehart@att.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 20:06:25 -0500
As far as all of this trade deficit, and paying for cheap goods...

Have any of you bought a $5.00 hose or other cheap widget at Wal-Mart,
they suck. We just go there for the cheap disposable diapers. You pay
for what you get. Stop the insanity and buy quality lasting products
from real retailers and the problem, like the dime store will go away.

Do not look or even contemplate a job in manufacturing. We in America
are service providers, and especially to our own population. That means
the job in the widget factory is gone, get over it already, would
everyone please accept the fact the industrial revolution made us all
consumers and not factory workers. BTW service doesn't mean custodial
duties, although here in NY city thats a $70,000 a year position.
Service is Educational, Financial, Information Technology Services,
Sales, Cop, Fireman, Layers, Doctors, Medical Industry, Insurance the
list is endless, and I can tell you everyday here in NYC 7 million
people commute every day to those "Service Jobs"

As the deficit rises, our exports also rise. Check out the facts in the
NY Times. But this stupid statistic doesn't take into account companies
like Dalmer-Chrysler (Are they really an American Car company, come on)
Nissian, were 80% of the vehicles they sell are made in America. And
forget about Haliburton, who knows how they figure out that one. If
Mobile oil is HQ in the Caman Islands, does that make then a qusai
American Company, I mean a lot of Americans go there on Vacation right.

Just because we don't make socks here anymore doesn't mean were all
going to hell in a hand basket. I saw the wrighting on the wall when I
was 18, I quit the union job and started working for a service company
in IT, without going to college (I hated the year I spent there) I am
now a successful IT project manager (I'm 39 now) with a 6 figure income.
And my wife is a medical Dr. Were both very happy in our service jobs,
were also raising 2 kids and a couple of imported British cars. But we
do buy American; we also have a Chrysler minivan made in Mexico.

Gene,

Imported Triumph TR6
Imported Chrysler Town & Country
Imported Volvo 240
Imported Honda S2000    (this thing is awesome, It's what Triumph would
of                              made if they were still around).