Re: Master Cylinder

To: "Mark Hooper" <mhooper@digiscreen.ca>, <JRURHH@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Master Cylinder
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kradicke@wishboneclassics.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 15:09:06 -0500
> It turned out that the mistake I was making was in the choice
> of fluid. I was buying the good old DOT 3 & 4 from the
> Canadian tire or UAP store.

Well that is a good addition to my first email, but in a few of the
instances I know Castrol LMA was used.  But you are right Mark, the use of a
fluid that is not compatible with natural rubber is definitely another
culprit when it comes to leaky hydraulics.  Good tip from Mark in case there
were others that were not aware of the incompatibilies.

I sure hope people are taking the time to read the instructions I include
with their master cylinders... (and if you are wondering what the
instructions say, just ready my last email... basically just to flush out
everything well, replace other degrading bits, and use Castrol LMA
preferably).  People seem to have good luck with silicone based fluids, but
I have zero experience with them so I will not make the recommendation to
use them.

Kai

--
Kai M. Radicke