Re: Rear end "clunk"

To: "Mike Long \(N3WNZ\)" <n3wnz@arrl.net>, 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rear end "clunk"
From: Todd Bermudez <red_tr250@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 19:01:31 -0800 (PST)
Mike,

Pretty sure my DRIVER side diff mount cracked...been a
while.  You may want to check that.  Often times a
cracked diff mount will cause the clunk.  Also, check
the diff bushings.  They could be worn and or loose.
Snug them down & see what happens.  Also, check any
loose axle bolts(where they connect to the diff).
Check for worn u-joints.  Jam a screw driver in the
middle & see if you have any obvious play/slop.

Now, about that wobble.  Not good to have a 1/2" of
play in either of the rear wheels.  Could be a
bad/worn hub.  Might want to look into getting it
rebuilt by a QUALIFIED TR hub rebuilder.  Seems like
there's a guy that advertises on VTR.ORG.

While your in there, replace the trailing arm sections
of the frame...then upgrade the bushings in the
trailing arms...and then, and then, and then...:)))

My 2 Cents,

Todd Bermudez
CD198L
CF25768UO