purchase of rebuilt engine

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: purchase of rebuilt engine
From: ghamilton99@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2005 13:17:14 +0000
A local guy has some tr25/6 stuff he is getting rid of.  In the package is a
rebuilt TR250 engine. He purchased a basket case TR250 that the guys had
rebuilt the engine in only to find that the body shope told him not to waste
his time on the car.  Anyway this guy had a TVR & purchased the package &
parted all but the running gear.  It's been sitting in his folks house for 20
yrs & never started.  He makes no claim/knowledge about the rebuild.  He's
asking $300 for the engine.

What say the group?  Do I go for it, drain it, turn over by hand & mock it up
on a stand & try running it, or just assume I need to pull it apart & do a
complete re-build?

Your input would be most appreciated.
--
Gary J. Hamilton