Re: good idea/bad idea???

To: sumton@sbcglobal.net, triumphs@autox.team.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: good idea/bad idea???
From: GSFuqua1@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:49:20 EST
It really depends on how good you can match the paint and prep the area.
Spot spraying small areas is difficult in my opinion.  This is why most body
shops will shoot the entire panel at a seam or line.  I have had better luck
cleaning a scratch or chip then over filling it with paint and then wet sanding
&
buffing till even.  Obviously care has to be taken not to remove too much paint
from around the scratch or chip.  This is not as quick as spraying but tends
not to stand out as much either.  Just my opinion.  Others may have had better
luck.

Cheers,

Gary Fuqua
Branson, MO