RE: NOS Horn Button?

To: "John & Allison Cyganowski" <janah@att.net>,
Subject: RE: NOS Horn Button?
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 07:47:18 -0800
        My observation is that NOS parts go for a real premium if the
original parts are no longer available. If new Lucas switches are still
available for example, then NOS doesn't mean much. But if the
replacement switches are now made in Taiwan, then NOS switches get
outrageous prices. I always assumed it was someone(s) doing a concours
restoration.
        A guess (and it is just that, a guess) is that the OEM maker of
the switches no longer makes them, and replacements are no longer
available new. Hence the outrageous NOS price.
        I am OK with buying a repop switch made in Taiwan, personally.
It just needs to LOOK original. Sorry, I don't want to spend $50,000
restoring a $15,000 car. But that's just me.

        Vance
Cogito Ergo Zoom
(I think, therefore I go fast)

TR6 Web page: http://home.comcast.net/~v.navarrette/