Re: Subject: Re: Sandblasting equipment

To: "6 Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Subject: Re: Sandblasting equipment
From: "Richard Seaton" <rsh17@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 13:06:41 -0600
 I used black beauty (200 lbs??) for blasting the body tub and door frames
(not door panels), and the inner bonnet frame. When doing the bonnet frame
MAKE SURE to stay away from the edge of the frame as I've heard if you don't
that the blasting pressure can outline the frame on the bonnet. I would not
blast the outer panels, but strip them.

 The body tub took me 12 hours to do. If lucky enough to be in an enclosed
area the sand can be resifted 2-3 times, but after that it looses it's
abrasive qualities and gets real dusty. I'd recommend a hood, leather gloves
and air filter.
  Then blow and vacuum out all the sand from the rockers, rear valance, dash
scuttle.

 You will need remove the black tar undercoating by other methods of course.
The undercoat can be heated with a propane torch and scraped w/ a putty knife.
You'll want to have a long sleeve shirt on as melting tar doesn't feel to
good!! Then wipe the remaining off with mineral spirits.

Richard Seaton
RSH17@msn.com<mailto:RSH17@msn.com>
View My 1969 TR6 restoration @
(http://groups.msn.com/Richards69TR6Restoration<http://groups.msn.com/Richard