loose visors and driver side top latch

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: loose visors and driver side top latch
From: vhalstead@linkline.com
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 14:20:11 -0800 (PST)
hi list,

When i drive my 1974 TR6, the latch that holds on the top keeps rattling
and coming loose, thus loosening the top from the windshield. This is only
on the driver side. (This is the swival arm that holds the convertible top
to the top of the windshild). The passenger side stays pretty tight. I had
this prob. b/4 restoration, and am disappointed that it is still happening
even w/the new top.

Is this a common problem? Anybody dealt w/this, or is it just my car?

Also, the driver side visor keeps bouncing out of its rubber holder when
I'm driving the car, even tho these parts r new, too. Is this also a
common problem? Anyone got some experience w/this or a solution?

Thanks for help.

Virginia
1974 TR6