Michelin Redlines-quoted wrong invoice

To: <McGaheyRx@aol.com>, <ambritts@ptdprolog.net>, <tomwagner@charter.net>,
Subject: Michelin Redlines-quoted wrong invoice
From: "Billy and Ann Green" <bgreen99@frontiernet.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 19:00:56 -0500
A couple of folks on the list e-mailed me and said Coker Tires gets $170 each
for the Michelin Redlines.  I went back through all of my restoration projects
receipts and realized I had quoted the wrong invoice regarding the Michelin X
Redlines for my TR6.  Since I passed 40 I know my memory seems somewhat
fuzzier at times than in years past, but I know for certain that even if
memory doesn't always serve me correctly, my keen sense of "always pay the
least amount possible" never fails me!

Anyway, after not being able to locate the invoice for the coveted Redlines, I
called Coker and had them to fax me a
copy.  And thanks Jack Mc, you shocked me into making sure that I hadn't been
screwed on the price of these tires!  Sure enough, the tires were $170 each.
Since I just sunk a chunk of cash into a set of Panasports, I will sell them
for $150 each, $750 for the set of five tires.  That's still a lot of money,
but it's $100 less than buying from Coker, and the tires are brand new (my TR6
has been in the shop for a transmission rebuild and overdrive installation
since the tires were installed.)  I know for a fact that these tires are long
lasting-my TR6 is a 1969 model, and this set of tires replaced the originals!
One of my reasons for changing to the Panasport rims is that of all the TR6
rims that I have (16+), not one of them is "round."  36 years takes a toll on
wheels, and I figure since I just did a complete suspension rebuild, circular
wheels should present an advantage vs. egg shaped originals!  I thought the
bumpy ride was due to the ancient original Redlines, but the wheels were the
problem.

So for whoever wants them, they are $750 plus shipping, which usually runs
about $15-20 per tire.

Thanks

Billy