RE: Racing wheels

To: 6pack <6pack@Autox.Team.Net>, bgreen99 <bgreen99@frontiernet.net>,
Subject: RE: Racing wheels
From: "Shawn J. Loseke" <sloseke@holly.colostate.edu>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 16:02:18 -0700
All... FYI

 Konig, a European wheel manufacturer, is supposed to be producing a mini-lite
style wheel with the 4X4.5 bolt pattern with zreo offset in a 15X7 size with
dark gray colored spokes. Specifically for classic sports cars, the wheel
should soon be available through the Tire Rack.

 At least that is what I read in one of my car mags, don't remember which one
though. It might have been European Car, a few months ago.

Shawn J. Loseke
1972 TR6
Fort Collins, CO

>===== Original Message From Chuck Arnold <chuck.arnold@oracle.com> =====
>Billy,
>I use the 7x16 Minilites [bought from Paul Spruel Alfa who at the time had
the best price].  These have zero offset, which is what the TRs need [i.e.,
3.5" backspace].
>The bolt pattern is referred to as 4 by 4.5 "[114mm].  It is a common size
for many [older] cars, but the offset may vary on those cars. Ford Focus,
being front wheel drive will have a large plus size].  You cannot get this
offset anymore from normal sources such as Tire Rack [they all have plus
offsets].

>I use these wheels when I race.  Therefore I use 205/45 profile Kuhmos Ecsta
700s shaved to 4/32.  I could run up to 225s in the rear and 215 in the front
[though these have a chance of rubbing on the front top a arm].