Re: Carburetor

To: ehenningsen@triad.rr.com (Eric Henningsen)
Subject: Re: Carburetor
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 19:54:47 -0800
Eric---I've never seen this problem with vertical clearance. Is it safe
to say that the hood and fenders align with each other? Nothing to
indicate the hood is toolow?  OK.
There is some elongation in  the engine mounting brackets. I don't
expect you could get more than about a 1/8" drop, even if the adjustment
was now holding the engine high. Worth a look? Loosen the nuts and lever
it down?

There is more than one configuration of the bracket that attaches to the
frame, which bolts to the  mounting bracket. I recently came across one
(aftermarket) on another TR6 that I'm sure held the engine higher than
the original. (The intermediate steering shaft rubbed against it)

Lastly, if the REAR engine mounts that support the tranny have lost
their oomph, the back end will go down and the front of the engine will
rise a little. It all adds up.

Dick