Re: Rear end twitchiness

To: 6pack@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Rear end twitchiness
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 22:22:36 -0800
So far as what might cause this twitchiness, I would look far anything
that detracts from keeping the rear wheels from going any direction but
'straight ahead'. About the only thing I didn't see mentioned so far was
the rear wheel toe. We know that with the trailing arm setup there is a
tendency for a dominant wheel to try to steer the car, when lots of
power is being applied. The twitch is more noticeable when this power is
interrupted, as when shifting, & aggravated if it is in mid-turn.

For those still battling with this and are running out of ideas, do
check the (rear) toe. Keep both wheels evenly toe'd and the wheel base
at the prescribed 88 inches.

And the feeling of bounding around like the back of the car was on a
pogo....look for signs that the car was on the bump stops, or anything
else that used up the suspension travel.

Dick Taylor