Painting the ole block

To: <6pack@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Painting the ole block
From: "Jerry C Shaw" <slowtoaccept@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 16:46:41 -0500
I've gotten the block and head back, and I'm ready to pound the freeze-plugs
back in, and install the oil gallery plugs (I'm using Permatex 2, and teflon
tape on the NPT gallery plugs). I was thinking about repainting the block
and head, but have decided to wait until I get the engine reassembled, then
do the painting as the last step.

Question to the group,  did the original block and head have the freeze
plugs painted black, too?

It's kind of cool to have them shiny and new and coated with clear
powdercoat or POR, but that's just fun detail stuff.

Thanks
Jerry