Paint shop input..

To: "6pack" <6pack@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Paint shop input..
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 13:29:44 -0800
        Folks:

        Just got back from my LBC mechanic. My car has finished bead
blasting, and is off to the paint shop. The bead blaster and my LBC
mechanic both commented that my car was the most rust free TR6 they had
ever seen. Since I bought the car through their shop on consignment in
the first place I was surprised to here him say that I hadn't paid
enough for it in the first place, given the almost complete lack of
rust. Even the battery tray will not require any work.
        The two spots where I thought the body had been holed by rust
turned out to be a spot where I had ground through the factory leading
on a seam, revealing the underlying hole. My mechanic tells me that
those holes are there from the factory. The doors had absolutely no rust
in them, either. I am very happy at this point.
        Hmm, have I accidentally accomplished the impossible; find a
completely rust free TR6?

        Well, the frame off is continuing, stay tuned.

        Cheers,

        Vance

Cogito Ergo Zoom
(I think, therefore I go fast)