Re: vibration on a 72 TR6 very stock

To: "oliver" <sumton@sbcglobal.net>, "6 Pack" <6pack@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: vibration on a 72 TR6 very stock
From: "Richard Seaton" <rsh17@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 12:47:04 -0600
We here's my experience on some vibrations, of course actual test results may
vary (LOL),
 I just took the car out for a road test after putting the drive shaft in the
right way, seems my mechanic (uh that'd be me) put it in with the sliding
shaft closest to the diff. Also switched out the old axles which had more wear
than I had thought for some "new" (THAT'S BE NEW TO THIS CAR) axles. Now the
constant vibration which started at 85 mph is no longer present at least up to
100 mph, not sure beyond that point.
  The vibration I was getting under slight deceleration and acceleration at
+75 is no longer present. At least I think so as it's a little hard to tell
with the tranny cover removed, because it was a vibration that was slight and
with the tranny cover on it was a little hard to feel and hear.

Richard Seaton
RSH17@msn.com<mailto:RSH17@msn.com>
View My 1969 TR6 restoration @
(http://groups.msn.com/Richards69TR6Restoration<http://groups.msn.com/Richard