addco sway bar

To: 6pack@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: addco sway bar
From: Lizirbydavis@cs.com
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 20:18:38 EST
Can someone confirm that I've installed my new front addco sway bar (Moss)
correctly?  Upon inspection, it is not shaped like the stock, not does it look
like the picture in the TRF catalog.  Those pictures show the addco sway bar
having the same curve as the stock bar.  The instructions really weren't at all
clear.  The supplied "instructions" and part list called for angle brackets
which weren't included.  The TRF catalog shows the kit as I received it, except
the bar itself does not recurve.  The only way I could make it work was to
attach  the supplied link hardware using the supplied short flat piece attached
to the front lower wishbone arm at the mounting hole for the old link mount.
Because there is a flange on the spring pan, I had to use the spacer from the
old link mount to squarely attach the flat piece. (does this make sense?)  Of
course, I had to drill new holes (2 for each side) for the brackets/bushes.  I
think it looks right, but I question how the bar can "move" without a
ball-joint link.  Should this "flat piece" be loose enough to rotate?  I can't
see
how it will stay in place with only one bolt attaching the link to the
wishbone.
 The stock link mount "clamped"  around the lower wishbone, effectively
securing it's position.  It looks correct installed.  I can't imagine it could
go
in any other way....I'm just worried that they sent the wrong bar.
Joe Davis