TR6 Bump Steer Reductions

To: <6pack@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR6 Bump Steer Reductions
From: "Jerry C Shaw" <slowtoaccept@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 13:01:00 -0500
I've just striped down my TR6 frame to the bare essentials in preparation
for sandblasting, welding, etc.

Now that I have the front suspension parts in labled zip-lock bags and a
GoodParts order in for a nylatron rebush kit, I'm also looking to modify the
linkages to minimize bump steer.

I plan on using shortened competition springs and GoodParts 7/8" sway bars
at both ends. I'm also using GoodParts aluminum rack mounts. I understand
from perusing the 6Pack archives, that any minor modification of the rack
height can have a dramatic effect on bump steer.

This link suggests using TR4 steering arms (tie rod lever?).
http://www.gisworkshop.com/tvr/frontsuspension.html

Any lister have experience with this modification? My intended purpose is
"enthusiastic" back road driving, no autocross (yet).

Thanks
Jerry
P.S.
Also, I found this interesting link  on the subject
http://www.longacreracing.com/articles/art.asp?ARTID=13 .