RE: Heater Valve

To: "'Douglas Morris'" <dcmdcm@earthlink.net>,
Subject: RE: Heater Valve
From: "Jim Davis" <jdavis344@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 09:48:03 -0500
Replacements are so cheap, it would seem a waste of time & money to
attempt a repair.

Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO

Okay, the heater-valve diaphragm thingy finally failed and slowly
drained enough coolant to induce the steaming-bonnet syndrome (after
dark and miles from home, but only 100 yds from an open service
station). All is now cured with the substitution of a nice, shiny, new
brass pipe elbow and nipple. I thought about adding a gate valve, but
this time of year, I expect to use the heater pretty much all the time,
eh?

However, one does want to return things to its as-original-as-tolerable
condition, doesn't one? So, okay, sure, I could buy an entire new valve
from one of the usual suspects, but it's just the rubber diaphragm that
needs replacing. All my catalogs show only the valve, not the
diaphragm.

Anyone know if the rubber diaphragm is available anywhere?

Doug Morris
'74 TR6