Re: exhaust system replacement

To: Todd Bermudez <red_tr250@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: exhaust system replacement
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 11:36:22 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 26 Oct 2004, Todd Bermudez wrote:

> Michael,
>
> If you can find a Ansa exhaust system go for it, but
> don't count on finding one.  Most everyone that I've
> talked to do NOT like the Monza system for noise or
> quality...thin metal.

here's an interesting data point. I installed a _used_ Monza system on my
TR6 in 1997. Since then, I've put something like 40k miles. There are no
leaks in the system at all.

I agree that the Monza system is cheap, but anyone that has problems with
the metal rotting out is probably not driving the car enough. I'd also say
that these folks would be good candidates to install a stainless steel
system.

> Personally, I like the mellow sound of the Falcon
> Stainless system.  They fit very well too.  As far as
> the header you chose??  I'm sure it can be made to
> fit.

The Falcon stuff that I've seen is fairly good quality and I'd have no
problem recommending it.

As far as the header, you get what you pay for. I like the Falcon header
(three piece) - but they are not cheap.

> Try going to some sort of TRiumph Gathering & seek out
> cars with various exhaust setups.  I'm sure someone
> will be glad to demonstrate.  Nothing like hearing it
> in person

Def. Nothing like it.

> Todd Bermudez
> TR250
> 74TR6

regards,
rml

p.s. if you need a stock manifold, they are out there and they are not
that expensive. I have 4 or 5 up in the attic... somewhere. :-)
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |

Check out the new British Cars Forum: