Re: Broken speedo cable

To: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>, 6pack@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Broken speedo cable
From: Todd Bermudez <red_tr250@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 10:14:36 -0700 (PDT)
Vance,

Brand new AIN'T what they used to be!  I had a buddy
buy a brand new cable from Vicky Brit.  The thing
sheered off where it mounted to the speedo.  Just so
happens I have a few parts cars.  We've also seen
inferior hood release outer cables.  I'd rather use an
OEM part or NOS.

My 2 cents,

Todd

--- "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
wrote:

>       Folks:
>
>       I have begun the teardown for the upcoming paint
> job. It will be
> frame off, so I am stripping everything off the car
> for the paint.
>       In the course of the teardown, I found the cause of
> my dead
> speedometer; the speedo cable was broken internally.
> It was brand new,
> and had less than 50 miles on it at the time it
> broke. I had routed it
> very carefully from the OD angle drive to the dash.
> It broke about 3
> inches from the back of the speedo itself.
>       My question: What did I do wrong? Should I have
> lubed the cable
> (I installed it right out of the packing)? Could I
> have damaged it
> during the installation? Tips to avoid a repeat?
>
>       Thanks,
>
>       Vance

> Cogito Ergo Zoom
> (I think, therefore I go fast)