RE: Buckeye Triumph Content

To: "Meythaler, Greg" <greg.meythaler@intel.com>, <6pack@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Buckeye Triumph Content
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 13:42:01 -0700
        Folks:

        It appears that the Buckeye TR6 technical archive on the wayback
machine is no longer functional. Does anyone know if this is due to
downtime on the server, or something else?
        I am concerned that my fears may have been realized; The wayback
machine seems to depend on the Buckeye server for at least part of the
archived material - and I fear that the material has been purged from
the Buckeye server causing the wayback machine to choke. I am not
certain about this, but I am at a loss as to how to explains certain
behaviors otherwise.
        Before we all panic, does anyone know what might be going on?

        Also, I have had several requests for tech articles from the web
page since I managed to capture the lion's share of the articles before
the server went bye-bye. If the wayback machine is really gone, and the
articles are not available elsewhere, I will need to figure out how to
handle multiple requests from listers. I don't want to toss them on my
website because of Nelson's wishes to make the content unavailable, so I
will think of something. I have tried emailing some of the files, but my
ISP's anti-Spam campaign means that I am limited as to the size of the
file I can email, so it is difficult. While I am working on this, if
anyone knows anything about the wayback machine, please let me know via
the list.

        Cheers,

        Vance

Check out the new British Cars Forum: