Re: Spicer universal joints part number and source

To: 6pack@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Spicer universal joints part number and source
From: Jay Snable <jsnable@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 10:48:55 -0700
I'll answer the first part of my own question... I found several
interchange tables on the web, and they list the equivalents as Spicer
5-4X, Neapco 1-0005, and Precision 344. I have one 344 from TRF, so
assuming that they are supplying the right part, the Spicer number for
our cars should be 5-4X.

Jay

On Oct 11, 2004, at 10:20 AM, Jay Snable wrote:

> I've seen several references to Spicer u-joints in the archives, but
> haven't found a definitive part number or a place to order them. Two
> part numbers come up in web searches - 5-153X and 5-4X. Anybody have
> confirmation which one is correct?

Check out the new British Cars Forum: