RE: Seat Belt Parkers

To: "'Navarrette, Vance'" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Seat Belt Parkers
From: "Jim Davis" <jdavis344@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 18:02:29 -0400
Vance,
They were original to the '74 TR6s and using them is a personal decision
of course. I use mine and would purchase some if mine were missing. They
came in 2 colors, black and "creamy" beige, I assume depending on
interior color. Black are the most common.
As an aside, the Securon belts don't fit in the "parkers"

Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO

        Folks:

        I have my original (rebuilt) Kangols in my '74 TR6. I have
occasionally seen references to seat belt "parkers", which I gather are
some sort of bracket to hold the male portion of the buckle when the
belt is not in use.
        I do not have these in my car. Should I? I mean, do the 74 TR6s
come with them from the factory? How useful are they? Should I consider
adding them?

        Thanks,

        Vance

Check out the new British Cars Forum: