Re: Wet Again Part 2

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wet Again Part 2
From: "John & Allison Cyganowski" <janah@att.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 09:26:43 -0400
Okay, thank you all for the good (and humorus) advice. I would guess I have
fluid in my servo as after driving last Sat/Sun in sandles, I noticed what I
thought was a bit of oil on my foot.

After visiting the Buckeye site, I don't think I will attempt the servo
rebuild myself.  I could probably make the tools to get the servo apart, but
it seems less expensive to pay for a rebuild. No one that responded reported
any success at rebuilding the master cylinder.  That British Repair place in
VA has a few comment on their site stating that a master cylinder rebuild is
futile.  So I guess I should also buy one of these.

So a few questions:

1.) How do I drain the servo unit?
2.) So if I am going to do a major service of my brake system what fluid
should I use?  I have heard that the elastomers in the Triumph are not
compatibel with silicone/synthetic. Is it DOT4 that I want to use?

3.) Any reason to service / check the PDWA?

Thanks Again
John Cyg.
Jalopy #CC52927LO

Check out the new British Cars Forum: