Vredestein Tires/carpet

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Vredestein Tires/carpet
From: jserignese@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 09:04:00 -0400
For those of us who are still wrestling with this...

and after reading all the material about replacement tires, I am still
reluctant to fork over big bucks (for a red stripe)and putting anything but
the recommended size on my 6.
In The Triumph section of Hemmings there's an add from a supplier of
Vredestein tires. Upon review of their website I am considering this tire
as a suitable high end ($109) replacement. Does anyone have any input on
these tires?

I have yet to take my 6 on anything but a cruise around town and anything
will be better than the 20 year old tires I'm riding on. One last question
and I mean no disrespect: Has anyone out there slapped on a regular $50-60
tire and willing to admit that they do the job?

BTW. No one has come forward with carpet installation instructions. Does
this mean that no one has attempted this themselves? I guess I can fork
over 35 bucks for the installation kit in the catalog ( a can of glue and a
sheet of paper).

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Jim Serignese

Check out the new British Cars Forum: