michelin redlines on our cars

To: "6 Pack (E-mail)" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: michelin redlines on our cars
From: Peter Zaborski <plz@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2004 23:07:43 -0600
Hi Everyone,

First I should state up front that I like the look of the Michelin redlines
on TR6s. I know current tire technology is way ahead of these skinny hard
chunks of rubber, but my car is not driven at the limit so I don't consider
this to be a problem. So with that out of the way...

I had the misfortune of a puncture on a recent 1100km trip (one day) from
Vancouver to Calgary. My passenger side rear tire picked up a nail resulting
in a slow leak which I didn't detect until I had driven on the tire for some
distance. When I stopped to change to my spare, the flat tire was beyond
repair. I suppose I should have realized sooner I had a problem but the
drive was going great so unfortunately I noticed too late.

I am now faced with the unenviable situation of 3 good redlines (Michelin
X). I know I could (some say I should!) buy new tires but I haven't found
one I like the look of yet except the Michelin XA4, which is no longer
available. I really hate the thought of buying 4 new tires that I won't like
when I have 3 good redlines.

Hopefully without abusing the policy of the list regarding for sale ads
etc., does anyone have a single decent shape Michelin X redline they are
willing to part with (for a fair price of course)? I would also consider a
pair of same. Replies off list greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Peter Zaborski -- CF58310 UO

Check out the new British Cars Forum: