RE: Floor Pan Replacement

To: <rlambour@comcast.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Floor Pan Replacement
From: "Gary R." <techpartners@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 10:20:54 -0400
Rick -

The floor panels I bought from VB a few years ago had to be trimmed by the
body shop I sent my rolling chaasis to, but the body stayed on the frame. I
had very little other rust on the outer parts of the floor (none really)
where the welding was done. If the backs of your rocker panels are shot
you're better off removing the tub. If I had it to do again, I would do so
as it would have made a lot of the restoration (suspension, differential,
etc. a LOT easier...

Gary R.
http://www.icer.net/TR6.html
74 TR6
Woodbury, CT

>      From: "Richard and Tracy Lambour" <rlambour@comcast.net>
>      Subject: Floor Pan Replacement
>      Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2004 18:46:16 -0400
>
> Howdy all,
>
> I have to replace the floor pans in my TR-6 (I'd say they
> look like Swiss cheese except the chesse has fewer holes in
> it).  Can anyone comment on whether this requires removal of
> the body tub from the frame?
>  Everything I've read indicates that it does, and I'm trying
> to get an idea of the scale of my project.  Thanks in advance
> for the information.
>
> Rick Lambour
> 70 TR-6

Check out the new British Cars Forum: