Re: Broke Brakes

To: kmcnelis@nmsu.edu, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Broke Brakes
From: Acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2004 11:53:11 -0400
Kevin,

I will leave it to others on the list with more experience and knowledge to let
you know if your diagnosis is accurate regarding a leaking brake servo causing
your running condition.  However, if the servo is the problem then read on.

It is possible to rebuild the servo.  I would highly recomend that you visit
the www.buckeyetriumphs.org website since the site does a much better job
explaining the TR6 brake system than I could.

Follow the links to the Technical section and onto the information on Brakes.
There is a section specific to the brake servo and if memory serves me
correctly included is not only how to rebuild the servo but also the
information on a source for rebuilding the servo at quite a bit of savings.
The site is a wealth of detailed easy to understand information.  When I
rebuilt my entire brake system I used the site as my reference tool.  Even if
you dont plan on doing any brake work on your car yourself it is a great source
for understanding how the brake system works on your car.

Hope this helps and please make sure you let us know what the problem and fix
ends up being.

Cheers,

Aaron Cropley
71 TR6 (with new dash and everything ALMOST back together)

Check out the new British Cars Forum: