Rewinding 15ARC alternator?

To: "6 Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rewinding 15ARC alternator?
From: "Richard Seaton" <rsh17@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 17:14:38 -0500
 I'm looking for some good advice hopefully someone in the know will speak up.
For originality's sake I'd like to have my Lucas 15ARC rewound for a higher
amperage output. I'm not sure if this can be done as the local professional
was out of town today. If this can be done will going to a higher amp hurt my
Amp meter (not volt meter). What are the limits of the stock amp meter if
increasing the output  of the alternator.
  Some of the later TR6's with amp meters had higher output altenators than
the lowly 15ARC....right?
  I think that a later higher output Alt could be used, but I really want to
stick with the 15ARC for originality's sake if possible.
  What's the highest alternator used with the amp gauge?

  Thanks for any input.

50 miles on the restored TR6 today, she shimmies some, but it hasn't been
aligned.

Richard Seaton
RSH17@msn.com<mailto:RSH17@msn.com>
View My restoration @