horn problems

To: "6 Pack (E-mail)" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: horn problems
From: Walt Philipson <WaltP@Anspach.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 17:50:24 -0400
I'm trying to de-bug my horns. I get a very weak sound from them as they
stand right now. I tried grounding the relay directly to the battery to
eliminate a weak ground path through the steering wheel, but that didn't
help. The only way I get good volume and tone is to connect the ground
terminal on the horns directly to the battery negative terminal. If I run a
ground directly to the engine or other good grounds, the horns are still
weak. The ground terminals on the horns are connected to a black wire that
disappears into the wiring harness. I have no idea where it ends up. Are my
horns just worn out and need every bit of current available to work, or am I
missing something?

Walt
74 TR6