Re: Carby Running rich! question

To: "Gary Fluke" <res0s0t7@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: Carby Running rich! question
From: "Ken Davis" <ken.davis@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 14:45:35 -0700
Hi Gary,

thanks for that pointer..  Starting at 0700 this morning, I started checking
out everything I had touched a few months back, and everything I hadn't
touched.  Points.. S/b at 15 thou (right?) but were at 8 thou.  Timing -
static - was at 14, backed it to 12 BDTC.  Pulled the oil stick.  wiped,
reinserted.  dirty all the way up.. looked like very thin oil, smelled like
gas...  I had a sumpful of gas.  drained out 2-pus gallons from the sump, an
oily colored gas mixture..  so, it seems some crud held the float valve
open... the  question is, which one.  so, I loosened the carbs away from the
manifold to provide drip space.  Primed the carbs, primed the fuel pump and
have gas-sensor paper underneath both waiting for drips.  If none, then it's
gotta be the fuel pump.  I've also marked the dipstick, and will be checking
it 3-4 times a day..

Ken
CF7000U0