Great book - non-LBC

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Great book - non-LBC
From: "Buzz Osborn" <bosborn@americanbank.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 15:38:00 -0500
Well, at least I'm not asking another dumb question...

Folks, I just read a great book over the Fourth holiday, and wanted to
share it with you.  It's called "The Gold-Plated Porsche : How I Sunk a
Fortune Into a Used Car." Author is Stephan Wilkinson, former editor of
Car and Driver.

He takes a 1983 911SC and spends two years doing a frame-off in his barn.
This is not a how-to book.  It is more a why-to book.  To paraphrase the
preface, "I tell people I am going to spend two years and $70,000
rebuilding a car that will never be worth more than $20,000.  Some people
just don't get it.  This book is for the people that do."

Read and enjoy!