Re: K&N size

To: Chuck Arnold <chuck.arnold@oracle.com>
Subject: Re: K&N size
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 12:37:04 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 8 Jul 2004, Chuck Arnold wrote:

> "Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 17:47:10 +0000
> From: "steve bridge" <slbridge@hotmail.com>
>
>       I picture myself , 220 pounds on tippy-toes perched on the front
> fender, 8 pound sledge hammer in hand "Watch your eyes!"   From: "Clyde
> builds a TR6"
> SDSteve"
>
> 3" fit my Webers!  It was a smaller hammer and a hot torch that
> achieved the rather unique shape the inner fender wall now has.
> Chuck

I fell pretty confident indicating that the vast majority of this list is
more concerned with fitment without modification than hacking the inner
fender well. To some extent, this is because the vehicles are street
driven. WARNING - if you hack your inner fender to get clearance, please
be mindful that injesting even a small amount of water via the carbs can
be fatal to your engine.

Regards,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |