Initial Check Out & Maitenance

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Initial Check Out & Maitenance
From: "John & Allison Cyganowski" <janah@att.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2004 08:25:48 -0400
I will receive a 1970 TR6 this week. I know some of the maintenance history,
but by no means all of it. The suspension is new or very nearly new.  I am
told that the compression is "good". Questions:

a.) What kind of checklist / maintenance cycle should I perform before I
drive this thing?
b.) What kind of fuel should I use?
c.) I have heard that if you do not intend to drive in cold weather,
straight 30wt oil in the crankcase is a good choice.  Comments?
d.) Car has an "A" type overdrive.  What kind of oil should I use in the
gearbox?  Does the overdrive share the gearbox sump or is it separate? What
type of oil should be used in the overdrive?

Thanks,
John Cyg