RE: Kas Kastner's NEW competition book for Christmas

To: <Mohawktriumphs@aol.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Kas Kastner's NEW competition book for Christmas
From: "Mike Munson" <fasttrs@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 00:20:47 -0500
Well said Mohawk
It looks like Jim S. has ruined it for everyone.

I know how TR 6 owners can get some real good products like heat treated
front axles made from 4340 high grade steel, or rear disc brakes, or
Corvair rear axles, but I won't post anything on the list because of
those on the list that are afraid someone might make a penny or two.
Most of the people that make these kind of specialized products are too
busy working and racing to promote them elsewhere.

Ultimately the enthusiasts on this list loose out on the availability of
these and possibly other fine products because of rules that would
restrict a note like what Ted S. dropped onto the list.

As far as Ted S. goes, he has been invaluable in helping Triumph
enthusiasts and racers keep their cars running and running strong by
offering his knowledge(free of charge) and developing high performance
parts.

BTW, did you know that Ted donates the profits from the sale of Kas'
book to the FOT? Did you also know that Kas never made any money from
the sale of his original book? Just think of how many of those books
have been sold over the last 30 years!

If it weren't for the generosity of people like Ted and Kas our sport
would have died a long time ago!

Mike Munson

Enough already. This forum was /is established by a real person trying
promote a sport of TR enjoyment. He has invested time and effort to make
this
work. Let's cut the whining about the rules and get on about enjoying
our cars. A
lot of this carping about the rules sounds remarkably like my
grandchildren
arguing about the rules rather than playing the games...whew..