Re: Help w/ repainting gauge outer ring

To: cowan@erg.sri.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Help w/ repainting gauge outer ring
From: Mickylong@aol.com
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 12:59:25 EDT
I ended up using a semi-gloss Rustoleum on my gauge rings when I had them out
for cleaning a month or so ago and it seemed to look OK.  But I've noticed
that the paint does scratch easily so maybe there is a better paint to use.

To replace the melted O rings on the inside (you are correct, these held the
glass in place) I ran a bead of blue Permatex around the inside, waited until
it dried, replaced the glass and trimmed any gasket sealer that showed
through.

Micky Long, Atlanta
72 TR 6