RE: Trans Tunnel Cover Replacement Reco

To: "'Douglas Morris'" <dcmdcm@earthlink.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Trans Tunnel Cover Replacement Reco
From: "Richard Cottingham" <richardc@PinchinLeBlanc.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 14:02:32 -0300
Doug - for originality, the "cardboard" version would be your choice.
Alternatively, you can choose between fiberglass or PVC.  I found the
fiberglass was a little crude and begged for a bit of refining.  I
smoothed the edges, drilled holes in the appropriate spots and painted
the item black.  It was more flimsy and prone to splintering along the
edges than I would have liked but it was certainly acceptable and should
last a long time. I think maybe the PVC might be better but I have never
seen one (but that's what this list is all about).  Don't forget the
rubber gaskets where the cover mates to the car.  The fastening hardware
is also sold separately, I believe, as is the rubber grommet for the
transmission wiring.

Or, you can use duct tape.

Rich C.