Re: Oil in carbs

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil in carbs
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 13:09:43 -0700 (PDT)
Richard Good makes a neat kit for this.  Instead of the rocker cover
venting to the air filters, this kit has it vent directly to a small
aluminum canister.  This canister is built such that the liquids drain
to the bottom (and from there, a hose brings the liquids back into the
crankcase via the fuel pump mount [if you can do without the mechanical
pump by fitting an electric] or by welding a fitting to your oil pan).
The gases are vented to the carbs.  This setup maintains negative
crankcase ventilation, without sucking oil and muck into your filters
and carbs.  You can see it at www.goodparts.com.  I don't have this
kit, but have seen it, and it looks good!

Tim Holbrook
1971 TR6