Time Traveler

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Time Traveler
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 22:13:23 -0700 (PDT)
 Jim Hll wrote:

Regarding the recent "HIGHWAY 1" article in the LA Times by Barry
Stavro, who berated the new TR6 he owned in the 70's because its
carburetor wouldn't stay tuned, the electrical system was a disaster,
water leaked through the clutch housing, the radio, heater and defroster
didn't work, and the seats were "as smooth as bare box springs . . .
The following is the reply I received from Mr. Stavro about the article:
"yes, my memory is on target. the lemon in question was a brand new 1971
tr6 i bought with a sticker price of about $3600. i put 20,000 miles on
the car and happily unloaded it a year later at a big loss and instead
bought a used porsche 912, which was a dream to drive.
  cheers,
 barry stavro
 la times"
If I'd known he was a Porsche person, I wouldn't have bothered to
inquire .
. .
Jim Hill
Madison WI

Jim, and list---It's also interesting to note that Mr. Stavo put on
"20,000 miles in the year he had the car". I wonder when all of the
repairs took place?

What can you say about anyone who would prefer the 912?

Glad he did answer you. I had no response yet, other than his being "out
of the office".

Dick