Re: A black TR6?

To: Joseph Grant <z28quetzal@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: A black TR6?
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 09:51:42 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Joseph Grant wrote:

> Sorry to ask this dumb question, but has anyone ever seen a black TR6?
> Wonder what one would look like?  I've seen blue ones, red, burgundy, BRG,
> yellow, but never a black one.
>
> I realize the body would have to be impeccably straight - just wondering
> what one would look like.

I've seen three. The first one was built by an employee of TRF. It was
black with gold accents (like a custom gold stripe and gold panasports).
It was very striking. Pete File (from VA somewhere) had a black TR6 that
he used to race in F Prepared SCCA Solo II. That was a very nice car. The
third one is the demo body shell that TRF hauls around to demo the
Heritage body shell.

You are right, the body has to be straight.

Oh - there's also JK Jackson's (and Chris Moore's) FSP TR6, but that has
silver accents. I believe the famous "twenty car" (JK's E Prod
hillclimber/road racer) is also black with silver accents.

So, there are black TR6's out there. But you either have to prepare it to
very high standards or you have to make it VERY fast before you can "join
the club".

:-)

> Regards,
>
> Joe