Re: Where are we going?

To: jonmac@ndirect.co.uk, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Where are we going?
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 21:42:50 EDT
In a message dated 7/12/03 2:33:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jonmac@ndirect.co.uk writes:

> Generally speaking, it is my perception that the majority of US enthusiasts
> strive for 'total originality' in the restoration process of their cars that
> borders almost on manic obsession

John,
I would say that the Triumph originality nuts, including myself, are in the
minority in the USA. I belong to all the major Triumph clubs ( VTR, 6-PACK,
TRA, TR8CCA, NASS) and I attend most of the national meetings. I am very active
in our local Triumph club, NCTA.  So I get around a little and my best guess is
that the originallity freaks amount to no more than 25%.  I confess I am one.
Cheers,
Darrell