Re: Polyurethane vs. Nylatron bushings, which is better?

To: z28quetzal@mindspring.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Polyurethane vs. Nylatron bushings, which is better?
From: LaJoMor@aol.com
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 13:18:36 EDT
Joe...

Nylatron is firmer than polyurethane, but, you can buy a very firm grade of
urethane that comes very close to Nylatron. I am not certain that Nylatron was
created specifically for racing...it can be used for the street but the ride
is definitely firmer.
The next step up from Nylatron without going to a 'metal' bush, is Delrin. It
is definitely 'race only' application. Zero deflection or compression, or
extremely close to it! Not for street use!

Urethane can be purchased in different hardness grades...one that is the same
firmness as the original rubber bushings, followed by subsequently firmer
grades up to a 'racing or competition' grade.

There are several very important advantages to urethane...
1 - optional firmness grades
2 - ease of installation - for example, the big rear swingarm bushings come
in two pieces making them very easy to install.
3 - longevity...urethane will outlast rubber by wide margin

For my money urethane is the ONLY way to go if don't want to ever do the job
again! That might be a slight exaggeration but urethane will outlast rubber by
a very very wide margin.

You might check out a company in the UK called Polybush. They make about 4 or
5 different grades of urethane bushings that fit our cars. I have NO
affiliation with this company but am very pleased with their products. I opted
for the
blue touring grade.

www.Polybush.co.uk

Hope this is of some use...