Re: Starter Issues

To: Gameparker@cs.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Starter Issues
From: Acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 11:44:11 -0400
Geoff,
You didnt mention the condition of your battery.  Whether it was new, newly
recharged, or how long it had been since it had been replaced or used.  What
you describe is a classic low battery problem, where it turns over nice at
first, but after that last gasp of charge is used, it cant do much.  I have
even jumped cars before that had a bad battery and had the sypmtoms you
describe, that being turning over slow, but not for very long when hooked up to
a jump.  Most autopart stores can check your battery if you bring it into them.
 If you are unsure of the condition of the battery, this would be the first
place I would start.  Eliminate the simple stuff first, just to make sure.
Also, double check your connections at the battery.  One of my battery cables
just completely slipped off the battery and the wire pulled out of the terminal
clamp completely. A bad connection would cause all of the symptoms you
described.  Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Aaron CropleyTopsham, Maine