Hazard circuit follies

To: 6pack@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Hazard circuit follies
From: Mickylong@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 21:16:29 EDT
Got a couple of questions directed at those with both Dan Masters book and
Bentley shop manual (and others who'd like to chime in with thoughts)...

After refinishing my dash and gauges and starting the reassembly I discovered
a broken hazard switch. Bought a new one through VB and followed the Bentley
manual for reconnecting.  End result...no flashers, no turn signals, etc.

Assuming I had connected something wrong, I rechecked Bentley and all looked
right.  I did discover that I have a bad hazard flasher (they're not supposed
to rattle, are they?!). I followed Dan's book's approach to jump the flasher
and did get lights to burn. But then I noticed that it looks like the wiring
schematic in Dan's book for a 72 TR6 differs from Bentley Diagram II.  Looks
like Dan's schematic connects flasher (LG/K wire) to terminal 4 and Bentley
shows
it on terminal 3.  Am I reading this wrong? I did check and switch is
installed correct (base of triangle at bottom).

Would the lack of an operational flasher cause other problems in the circuit?
 I noticed the other day before jumping the flasher that I appeared to get a
glow from the trans tunnel light as though there was too much resistance in
the circuit. For a while I got all courtesy lights to burn but couldn't get
them
to shut off even with doors closed, ignition off and key removed.  Could this
be flasher going bad?  Or too many Corona's during reassembly?

Tomorrow I'll try the rest of Dan's troubleshooting steps but would like to
be sure the switch is wired correctly so I don't have to do everything twice.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Micky Long, Atlanta
'72 TR 6