Milestone

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Milestone
From: ShewFamily@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 16:58:55 -0400
Just reached a milestone on Sunday in my quest to get my car back on the road.
I wrecked it one year ago June 6.  After many hours of the hardest, but most
rewarding work of my life I am very close to being back on the road.

Sunday I heard the engine run for the first time in 10 months.  I ran some fuel
through the tank and fuel lines to try to wash out any solid particles that
might have accumulated. Installed a new fuel filter and new fuel lines to the
carbs and poured in 5 gallons of new gas.  After topping off the radiator, I
installed the plugs, pulled the choke and gave her a spin.  She turned over for
about 10 seconds before the float bowls were full.  As soon as the fuel was
there, she fired up and idled as smooth as the day I shut her down.  I was
shocked that after 10 months, she came back to life running that well.

I have about another 2 to 3 weeks of small detail items, including
re-installing the interior, before she will be road worthy.  I have made myself
a promise that I will not take her out on the road until I have everything done
to ensure that I don't enjoy driving so much that I prolong getting the details
finished.  It has been a long, frustrating and very satisfying journey.
John Shewmake
'74 TR6
Chattanooga, TN