Re: trans oil

To: <SamuelsMA@aol.com>
Subject: Re: trans oil
From: "Gary Fluke" <res0s0t7@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 21:02:49 -0700
Michael,

The TR6 owner's manual specifies the use of GL-4.  GL-5 is said to corrode
bronze (I think copper alloys in general) parts used in TR6 transmissions.
I made this list of GL-4 oils based on the suggestions of fellow listers:

Pennzoil Gearplus
NAPA Staylube (may have a pump with the bottle)
Sears CRC Sta-lube

Someone also said that The Roadster Factory has GL-4 oil available.

Gary
'73