Rattling Rear Six

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Rattling Rear Six
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 22:22:10 EDT
Hi Guys,
Its me again. Just came off a 240 mile run Sunday in the Six.  Nice drive and
she ran great except for that dang rattle in the rear that has been driving
me nuts for a couple of years.  You guys have been a great help to me on other
problems that I just can't diagnose so before I start throwing more parts at
her:

Bad Rattle when going over most bumps in the road.
Not all - but most bumps - little and big - slow and fast
Coming from the middle to rear of the car - both sides
No clunk when one takes up the drive or shifts hard and pops the clutch
No problem with hard cornering - smooth as silk
Not the rear shocks they are new
I am going to say it is not the exhaust since I have changed that too. But it
sure sounds exactly like the exhaust banging the frame.

I have new trailing arm bushings and diff bushings on the bench ready to go
in but I am a bit lazy right now and just want to drive her and have some fun.
Upon inspection the bushings in there do not appear to be bad either and I
hate it if I work all day and the problem is still there. Might remember a
similar noise coming from a bad rear hub on the 250 before it disenigrated a
few
years back.  What do you think?

Thanks,
Darrell