Cam Lubrication - My correction

To: "Sally or Dick Taylor" <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
Subject: Cam Lubrication - My correction
From: "Gregory Dito" <g.dito@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 21:29:48 -0400
Dick,

Well, when I'm wrong in a big way I gotta admit it and I gotta admit it
here. A few days ago I replied to your thread about oil dripping down from
the head to the cam and I said that there was no place for the oil to go
because the lifter bores are blocked with lifters.  So, I happen to look at
my motor in the early stages of a rebuild and, lo and behold, noticed holes
leading down through the block next to the lifter bores!  There's even one
right where the cam's distributor drive gear is located.  Imagine that! Duh!

So, yes, the cam does get oil from above but it still needs the splash from
underneath
as the lobes do not get oil on them directly from above.

Greg
CD6250L