Master Cylinder Rebuild

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Master Cylinder Rebuild
From: Trumpet76TR6@cs.com
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 12:47:02 EDT
  I am trying to rebuild my brake master cylinder in my 76 TR6.  I allready
got about 25 bucks into it for the rebuild kit.  I can't get the tilt valve
to unscrew.   I am pushing in the plunger while the master is in a vise.  And
have about two feet leverage on the allen wrench trying to turn the tilt
valve.  It wont budge.  I tried hammering on the wrench, tightening it more
to break it free, swearing at it, etc.  Nothing seems to work.  Anybody have
any ideas?  I don't want to shell out for a new one.   If I have to go for a
new one, is the Apple Hydrolics (rebuilt) one for $125 plus shipping the best
way to go?

 Thanks,
  Ken,  AZ,  76 TR6