Re: last try for the ebay link

To: "dl" <dplin@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: last try for the ebay link
From: Skip Montanaro <skip@pobox.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 11:17:09 -0500
    Dave> I don't know why this is so hard for me to post this link so here
    Dave> it is again

Apparently your mailer keeps splitting the line in the middle of the URL.
When people click on it they are clicking on an invalid URL.

Here's a simple trick to remember when you want to post a long URL.  Visit

    http://tinyurl.com/

paste the long URL into the box and click the button.  Out will pop a URL
like

    http://tinyurl.com/a8hw

(which points to the auction you mentioned).  You can easily insert that
into your email message without fear of truncation or splitting.

--
Skip Montanaro
skip@pobox.com